High protein vegan lentil soup
Integrating protein-infused soups into one’s diet improves metabolism and daily performance. Lentils are an inexpensive way of getting a wide variety of nutrients. Lentil seeds consist of 25% of protein, which makes them a brilliant meat substitute. They’re also a great source of iron, a mineral that is sometimes lacking in a vegetarian diet.
1 pack of BEYOND RESILIENCE Crisps
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Small potato
1 small onion chopped
1 clove of garlic
140g dried red lentil soup
0.5 liter of water
½ tablespoon of salt
½ tablespoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic then cook for 4 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, lentils and add cumin, salt and pepper. Then add the water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
4. Puree with a hand held blender or food processor. Add more water to thin, if desired.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with BEYOND RESILIENCE vegan paprika crisps for ultimate flavor and experience.